Vendor: Flux For questions or offers please feel free to email us at [email protected]
This is an early 1900′s collector’s lamp made by Albert L. Arenberg, an Electrical Engineer and inventor, who created a Light Manufacturing company called Luminator Inc. in the early 1900′s. He commissioned Bauhaus trained designer s Wolfgang and Pola Hoffman, son and daughter-in-law of famed Architect/Designer Joseph Hoffman, founder of the Vienna Secession, to design a series of livable, streamlined lamp designs, and this is one of them!
In 1934 Luminator decided to specialize in interior lighting for transportation vehicles. Legend has it that Mr.Arenberg was the only salesman to call upon Pullman, the Chicago Transit Authority, South Shore Railway and the North Western Railway Company in a chauffer-driven Cadillac.
Categorized in Lighting